What is Upper Blepharoplasty?
In general, most people merely consider that saggy eyelids are a natural symptom of aging.
- It removes the saggy skin of eyelids an creates new double eyelid lines.
- There are other methods of removal of the sagging skins without creating double eyelid folds and proportional resection of skin around eyebrows.
Blepharoplasty is the most general form of eye lift surgery. It removes the saggy skin of the eyelid and creates new double eyelid lines.
There are also other methods: Removal of the saggy part without creating double eyelid folds and proportional resection of skin around eyebrows.
Upper Blepharoplasty is effective for the following cases
- Non-incisional method is not applicable and no saggy eyebrows and no blepharoptosis
- Appropriate thickness of eyelid skin and existence of double eyelid crease
- Appropriate distance between eyebrows and eyelashes, and light crow’s feet and light wrinkles on the bridge of the nose
- Severe saggy skin around the outer corner of eyes and the existence of double eyelid crease
- Comparably bigger eyes, which have no blepharoptosis
Procedure of Upper Blepharoplasty
Diagnose overall eye condition of a patient prior to surgery and design the best shape of eyes
Incise the double eyelid lines then remove eyelid fat and saggy skin
Pull the droopy muscle tightly up and stitch
Complete a youthful eye shape with reduced wrinkles
Some people who are middle-aged or are seniors, who have thick eyelid skin, tend to be unsatisfied with their double eyelid line surgery.
The droopy eyelids can fester the outer edge of eyelids and can cause inflammation around these areas. Moreover, as droopy eyelids can interrupt his/her sight, patients try to open their eyes wider. This habit results in creating wrinkles on his/her forehead.
Sub-brow excision can build a refreshed eye shape by pulling the saggy eyebrows upward