Today I’m going to write a blog about “How to find proper specialized plastic surgeons in South Korea” and “How to find legit plastic surgeons in Korea”.
First of all, there are so many plastic surgeons and plastic surgery center in Korea, but you really do not know which plastic surgeons or plastic surgery clinics are legit because:
1. You do not know Korean language so can’t get true information from Koreans.
2.You just google popular clinics, so you just go for one of them to have a surgery without having enough knowledge about your surgeons.
3. You have done researches and break out to 2~4 clinics, but sometimes fake information can lead you to make wrong or fault decision.
I know that it is really hard to see, research and check which plastic surgeons or clinics are trustworthy and devoted themselves to development of plastic surgery field in Korea.
1. Difference between ENT surgeons and Plastic surgery surgeons
ENT surgeons and Plastic surgeons both are allowed to perform plastic surgery but their title of doctoral degree, ways or techniques of performing rhinoplasty are different. Also their purpose of performing surgeries are different each other.
2. Difference between General surgeons and Plastic surgery surgeons
General surgeons and plastic surgeons both are allowed to perform plastic surgery such as breast augmentation, breast reconstruction, abdominoplasty, tummy tuck, liposuction, and etc., but differences with these two surgeons are:
- Techinique of surgery itself
- Purpose of surgery
- Mindset of surgeons performing surgery (Plastic surgery can’t help considering aspect of beauty more than general surgeons).
- Suture method
How to research about your surgeon’s background?
Now I will tell you how to search and see if they are board certified plastic surgeons.
They post “trained in plastic surgery” in Korean language on their Korean websites but post “Certified plastic surgeon” in English websites. DO NOT FALL FOR THAT TRICK!
1. Surgeons who graduated with plastic surgery degree: “성형외과 전문의” which it means they are specialized or specialist in plastic surgery. (as you can see from the above picture that it actually says “성형외과” on their surgeons certificate)
2. Surgeons who had trained plastic surgery: “성형외과 수련의” which it means they had trained in plastic surgery.
Please do check on these English websites if you want to have it done by plastic surgery specialists in Korea.
2. https://www.isaps.org/ (This is not for all the surgeons but most of famous plastic surgeons will be found in this website.)
There could be more sites but these are the most common ones that you can check easily.