Revision breast surgery
Revision breast surgery
Change your disappointment to satisfaction through revision breast surgery
Revision breast surgery should be performed when you are not satisfied with the results of mammoplasty such as breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast ptosis correction, and breast reconstruction or suffer from complications.
Revision breast surgery requires more skills and expertise than other mammoplasty. It should be performed by specialists with extensive experience.
|Surgery Duration||2~3 hours||Anesthesia||General anesthesia|
|Hospitalization||Not required||Removal of stitches||Not required; uses surgical tape as adhesive|
|Number of postoperative visits||Requires continued medical attention for 1 year||Recovery Period||Return to normal life after 1~2 days of operation|
We recommend revision breast surgery to the following people!
01 Those whose breasts are stiff due to capsular contracture
02 Those whose breast implants are damaged or transformed
03 Those who have asymmetrical breasts after an operation
04 Those who experience inflammation after an operation
05 Those who are not satisfied with their breast shape or size after an operation
JW’ endoscopic revision breast surgery
Change your disappointment to satisfaction through revision breast surgery
Generally, incisions are made on the areola or under the bottom line of the breasts for revision breast surgery.
Through revision breast surgery, the capsule is removed to relieve capsular contracture, the space for breast implants is extended, or the position of breast implants is corrected. Incisions on the armpits were not enough so far since this procedure requires a clear view and exquisite skills. M.D. Chul Hwan Seul of JW Plastic Surgery, as a pioneer of endoscopic breast surgery, developed numerous endoscopic methods for the first time in the world. In addition, he can make an incision under the armpits if the patient has undergone a previous operation through the armpits.
M.D. Chul Hwan Seul’s endoscopic revision breast surgery using armpit incision is one of the most difficult and latest operations, which have been receiving high praise. In numerous international conferences, many medical professionals evaluated it as an inventive and marvelous surgical technique. In addition, he can make an incision under the armpits if the patient has undergone a previous operation through the armpits.
01 Revision breast surgery available through the traditional incisions made under the armpits
02 No additional scars
03 Inventive surgical method that won high praise from foreign specialists
04 Accurate surgery and rapid recovery
05 Inimitable surgical method
01. Capsular contracture
Capsular contracture refers to a phenomenon when the capsule becomes abnormally thick and unnatural. If the patient experiences severe capsular contracture, the breasts may be transformed into the shape of a ball.
01 Incision on capsule Applicable to minor capsular contracture
02 Removal of capsule Applicable to serious capsular contracture
03 Change in breast implant layer The preexisting space is closed and the breast implants are inserted into a new layer.
02. Abnormal location of breast implants
A breast implant may be located in a wrong place when capsular contracture occurs or space for breast implants is not enough. Sometimes it occurs due to wrong postoperative management.
01 If the upper breasts are excessively protruded due to the breast implants located too high
02 If the upper breasts are too flat due to the breast implants being located too low
03 If there are two bottom lines of the breasts due to the breast implants being located too low
04 If the breasts appear to be close to each other due to the breast implants being located too close
05 If the breasts are far from each other due to the breast implants being located too far
01. Incision on capsule Extend space
02 Removal of capsule Correct the location of breast implants
03 Change in breast implant layer Secure new space in a new layer and insert new breast implants
04 Closing Narrow excessive space
03. The causes of breast asymmetry
01 If capsular contracture or abnormal location of a breast implant occurs on one breast or its severity differs from the other one
02 If the patient’s breasts were different in size and shape before an operation or if the previous operation couldn’t not correct breast asymmetry
01 Resolve capsular contracture
02 Correct the location of breast implants
03 Use different breast implants on each breast
04 Correct breast asymmetry through breast ptosis correction
|Removing of capsular contracture|
|After removed capsular contracture|
04. Thin tissues (Rippling phenomenon)
Thin tissues make breast implants visible and the edges of the breast implants are wrinkled. It is referred to as a rippling phenomenon.
01. If breast implants are inserted under thin tissues, the tissues become even thinner due to tissue expansion.
02. If excessively large breast implants are inserted, the tissues become thinner due to tissue expansion.
01. Do not use excessively big breast implants.
02. Through combined breast augmentation, increase thickness of tissues through fat transfer before inserting breast implants.
01. Fat transfer
02. Artificial skin graft
03. Create new space in a deeper layer and insert new breast implants into it.
05. Unsatisfied with size
We use appropriate-sized breast implants for your satisfaction.
06. Ruptured breast implants
Remove ruptured breast implants and insert new, safe, and durable breast implants.
The features of JW’s breast surgery
01. Pioneer in endoscopic breast augmentation
M.D. Seul Chul-hwan of JW Plastic Surgery has been performing endoscopic breast augmentation since it was first introduced to Korea. Through numerous academic presentations and activities, he has contributed to spreading endoscopic breast augmentation in Korea. M.D. Seul Chul-hwan designs beautiful breasts through safe HD endoscopic breast augmentation.
02. With 16 years of Experiences of Knowhow in autoplasty
Some patients experience bumpy and uneven skin after liposuction on their thighs or abdomen. JW Plastic Surgery performs liposuction in the shape of a fan to create smooth body lines.
High survival rates through precise transfer
In traditional autoplasty procedures, a lump of fat is used for grafting. However, JW Plastic Surgery applies a micro fat transfer. After separating fat, it is grafted under the skin using a micro syringe. This procedure minimizes pain but maximizes the survival rate of transferred fat.
03. Customized Breast Augmentation using a sizer
Before inserting breast implants, check the optimal breast size, breast symmetry, and detachment using a sizer.
As this step extends the surgery duration and increases the costs, many hospitals often skip it. However, JW Plastic Surgery considers this step to be very important to find the most suitable sized breast implants and obtain optimized results.
- STEP 01. Secure space for breast implants using HD endoscopy equipment for breast surgery.
- STEP 02. Insert a sizer to find appropriate-sized breast implants.
- STEP 03. Based on the analysis results, insert appropriately-sized breast implants.
- STEP 04. This method to find an appropriate size helps to create beautiful and natural-looking breasts and correct asymmetrical breasts.
04. Minimized incisions, scars, and pain
JW Plastic Surgery minimizes incisions for less scarring and patient’s satisfaction and rapid recovery.
05. Various breast implants
JW Plastic Surgery has various types and sizes of breast implants to find the best breast implants for each patient. In order to design beautiful breasts, we are using various breast implants of Allergan, Mentor, Silimed, Sebbin, and Polytech that have been proved safe.
We recommend combined breast augmentation to the following people!
- 01 Those who have extremely small breasts or thin subcutaneous fat
If there is a high probability that the inserted breast implants may be seen due to extremely small breasts or thin subcutaneous fat, we also conduct autoplasty for more natural-looking breasts.
- 02 Those who have pigeon breasts or wide breastbones (sternum)
If you have pigeon breasts, you cannot attain a beautiful cleavage solely though breast implants.
Cleavage is an important element for femininity. Many women who are willing to undergo a breast augmentation want beautiful and natural-looking cleavage.
If you have wide sternum or pigeon breasts, you cannot attain natural-looking cleavage solely through breast implants.
In this case, we graft fat into the cleavage to create beautiful cleavage and voluptuous breasts.
- 03 Those whose nipples are overly distant from each other
If you have wide-set breasts, situating the breast implants closer to the center is not enough to correct the breast shape.
It may instead make the nipples look more distant from each other.
In this case, we apply combined breast augmentation to adjust the center of the nipples and breast implants and then correct the breast asymmetry with fat transfer. This way, we correct wide-set breasts.
JW’s combined breast augmentation
Beautiful cleavage project: Combined breast augmentation
If you have wide sternum, pigeon breasts, or wide-set breasts, it is difficult to create natural-looking cleavage. In combined breast augmentation, autologous fat is grafted to the empty part between the breasts to create natural-looking cleavage.
- STEP 01. Secure space for breast implants using endoscopy machine and predict the expected breast shape and size using a sizer.
- STEP 02. Reinforce soft tissues with fat transfer
- STEP 03. Select and insert the most suitable breast implants, considering the expected breast size and shape.
- STEP 04. Transfer more fat to the breasts if necessary.
* Postoperative complications such as bleeding and infection vary depending on the patient’s conditions. Pay extra attention to postoperative management.
Management system after breast surgery
After breast surgery, JW provides a systematic and specialized scar treatment program and post-operative management program for optimized results.
01. No scarring! Scar treatment program
02. Postoperative management system for preventing capsular contracture, swelling, bruises, and pain
03. Cooperative medical system of the breast surgery team, the postoperative management team, and anesthesiologists
04. Use of Dantrolene for malignant hyperthermia treatment
05. Thorough safety management system for an immediate response to emergencies